Bug 701 : applet export to multiple jars hangs, zips wrong files
Last modified: 2008-05-29 15:09



Assigned To:

Attachment Type Created Size Actions
just export to applet ... application/zip 2007-12-12 10:48 36.96 KB

Description:   Opened: 2007-12-12 10:47
os-x 10.4, java 1.4, powerbook-g4

i have a really strange thing happening here ... i am encoding audio (minim) to gsm and
therefore added the tritonus_gsm.jar to a project. everything works fine when run in the pde. i
exported to applet (using one big jar) and are running into problems since the gsm-encoding is
added via the manifest file inside the tritonus_gsm.jar. ok i think, let's export as multiple jars,
no problem. after changing the preferences i press export and the pde freezes .. disk goes on
working .. i start to wonder what is happening. after force-quitting the pde i realize that the
partial .jar that was written is over 60mb! i tried another computer similar result except that the
pde reports an error trying to include something at /Applications/After\ Effects/... a locked file.

i looked into the tritonus_gsm.jar and there's nothing suspicious in there. so, i'm not sure this is
a processing error or somethings wrong with the jar .. thought i report anyway in case someone
has a similar problem.

solution is to add the jar-file manually to the html after exporting .. since it's just the encoding
added by its manifest file it will compile without.

example enclosed has no code, just try to export it as applet ..
Additional Comment #1 From fjen 2007-12-12 10:48
just export to applet ...
Additional Comment #2 From fry 2008-05-29 15:08
now fixed in svn for 0137.
Additional Comment #3 From fry 2008-05-29 15:09
*** Bug 714 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***